PMHC hires the services of a fire prevention company each fall to conduct smoke alarm testing and to certify the fire extinguishers located in each unit. A volunteer is required to notify members of the visit a minimum of 48 hours in advance and to escort the fire prevention staff to each unit.
• Coordinate with Four Seasons (or other authorized provider under the direction of the Emergency Preparedness Committee Chair)
• Email members 48 hours in advance of visit from fire prevention company; reminding them of the visit and the requirement to leave the extinguisher at the door
• Obtain (and return) the master key from one of the master key holders
• Escort Fire Prevention Services employees to each unit; enter units with the employees when member is not home
• Provide a follow-up report to the Emergency Preparedness Committee Chair identifying any outstanding issues or concerns to be rectified
• Authorize vendor payment and submit to the bookkeeper
Describe any tools that are required (optional)
Computer/internet may be helpful for providing report to Emergency Preparedness committee.
Describe any training or specific information required (optional)
• This role was previously a responsibility of Buildings and Grounds Committee but now moved to our newly formed Emergency Preparedness Committee.
• If more than one member applies for this posting before the deadline, a random drawing will occur.
Contact information (if more details required) (optional)
Complete this portion if the job is to be done at a member’s home (optional)
Will the member be home? Yes
Can the job be done without the member being at home? Yes
Are there any pets in the home? No